FlipKart

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MSXML NOT REGISTERED..what a pain!!

Microsoft errors can at times wreck your happiness. Added to it if its HP that is involved in the error, then your problems are doubled.

Recently my All in One HP stuff F380 ran out of steam. The error message was
"DESTCOMP-MSXML not registered"

I tried a million tricks but after 48 hrs found a solution which I want to share with all. In the event you run into this difficulty,
  1. Go to the command prompt : HOW? START > RUN > COMMAND
  2. Here you might find the C:\DOCUME~1\NAME>
  3. At the end of "Name"> Type " CD.. ". You will now see: C:\DOCUME~1>, at the end of this line type " CD.. ". Now you will get the C:\
  4. At this point copy : regsvr32 MSXML3.dll and
  5. Paste or type it to the C:\ and press ENTER.

You will get a message that the Registration has been successful. The screen shot below will give you a better idea ( click for the larger view) .

Hope this blog helps to serve many. BBye and happy registration.

4 comments:

  1. thank you so much!

    --moogleboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy when I found this post but unfortunately the fix did not work for me. I think it may be because I'm running 64 bit Vista??? Can anyone help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous, I am sorry to know that my "home made" Fix did not work for you. Could you please share a little more on what message you get after your attempt for the registration?

    ReplyDelete
  4. worked HP PSC 1500 with slight adjustment
    C:\DOCUME¬1\ADMIN>regisvr MSXML3.dll

    ReplyDelete